Faculty of Civil Engineering
Department: Department of Land and Water Resources Management
Contact person: Assoc. prof. Ing. Silvia Kohnová,PhD, Ing. Andrej Škrinar
Contact: +421 2 5927 4623
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
web page: www.kvhk.sk/en
Research and experimental laboratory of land and water resources management offers expertise in hydrology, hydrometeorology, irrigation and drainage, river channel engineering and restoration of rivers, soil erosion and land protection, GIS and CAD applications in water resources management. Research priorities include mathematical modeling for hydrological forecasting, water resources planning and design including the evaluation of risk of hydrological extremes under landuse and climate change.
The laboratory provides interdisciplinary research activities supported by laboratory and field research and currently addresses the following range of topics: river and wetlands restoration, the issue of hydrologic drought and minimum flows, ecohydraulics, management of water resources in landscape and their optimization, restoration and protection of the landscape in terms of water management, interaction of climate change and water regime and maximum design flows in conditions of changes in runoff regime.
Laboratory of soils physics is used primarily for soil analysis and determining the infiltration capacity, hydraulic conductivity and soil hydrolimits.
- Hlavčová, K. (Principal Investigator): Development of a regional system of climate and rainfall-runoff models for the prediction of runoff under changed climate in the mountainous regions of Slovakia APVV-0303-11
- Macura, V. (Principal Investigator): Influence of biotic and abiotic characteristics of the stream on ecosystem and water regime of soils, VEGA 1/0243/11, duration of the project from 2011 to 2014 - Cooperation with Institute of Zoology at Slovak Academy of Sciences (SAS) in Bratislava and Slovak Agricultural University (SAU) in Nitra
- Skalová, J. (Principal Investigator for FCE): Spatial interpretation of hydrophysical characteristics of soils in Slovakia in relation to their hydrological regime, APVV 0139-10 (Holder of the project: Institute of Hydrology SAS in Bratislava), duration of the project from 2011 to 2014
- Macura, V. (Principal Investigator): Evaluation of Water Bodies and Optimization of Water Management Actions in Landscape, VEGA 1/0585/08, duration of the project from 2008 to 2010 - Cooperation with Institute of Zoology at SAS in Bratislava and SAU in Nitra
- Skalová, J. (Principal Investigator for FCE): Diagnosis and prognosis of the water reserves in soil with aspect to ensure optimum water for vegetation, APVV-0271-07. (Holder of the project: Institute of Hydrology SAS in Bratislava), duration of the project from 2008 to 2010
- Macura, V. (Principal Investigator for FCE): Hydrogeological drought and its impact on the available quantities of groundwater, APVV-0335-06. (Holder of the project: Faculty of Natural Sciences at Comenius University in Bratislava), duration of the project from 2006 to 2009
- Szolgay, J. (Principal Investigator for FCE): RECARE: Preventing and remediating degradation of soils in Europe through land care, EU 7RP, No. 603498, (2013-2018). Coordinator: Wageningen University, Holland
- Gaál, L. - Szolgay, J. - Kohnová, S. - Parajka, J. - Merz, R. - Viglione, A. - Blöschl, G. Flood timescales: Understanding the interplay of climate and catchment processes through comparative hydrology. In Water Resources Research. 2012, vol. 48, W04511, doi:10.1029/2011WR011509.
- Macura, V., Škrinár, A., Kaluz, K., Jalčovíková, M. and Škrovinová, M. (2012): Influence of the morphological and hydraulic characteristics of mountain streams on fish habitat suitability curves. River Res. Applic., 28: 1161–1178. doi: 10.1002/rra.1518
- Macura, V., Škrinár, A., et al. (2013): Restoration measures in the Porec catchment, In: Calcareous mires of Slovakia: Landscape setting, management and restoration prospects. Grootjans A., Šefferová Stanová, V., Jansen, A. (Eds.). Zeist: KNNV Publishing, 2012, s. 97--106. ISBN 978-90-5011-4417.
- Fendeková, M., Ženišová, Z., Demeterová, B., Fendek, M., Fľaková, R, Gavurník, J., Krčmár, D., Macura, V., Némethy, P., Slivová, V. 2010. Hydrogeologické sucho. Slovenská asociácia hydrogeológov, Bratislava, 190 s. ISBN 978-80-969342-7-0
- Kohnová, S. - Hlavčová, K. - Szolgay, J. - Horvát, O. Scenario based modeling of hydrological change: Case studies in Slovak basins. Ostrava: KEY Publishing, 2012. ISBN 978-80-7418-169-6. 81 pp.
- Skalová, Jana - Štekauerová, Vlasta: Pedotransferové funkcie a ich aplikácia pri modelovaní vodného režimu pôd. - 1.vyd. - Bratislava : STU v Bratislave, 2011. - 101 s. - ISBN 978-80-227-3431-8
- Skalová, Jana - Jaroš, Branislav: Soil water regime assessment in Morava basin. Cereal Research Communications. ISSN 0133-3720. Vol. 36, supplementum, Part I (2008), s. 243-246
Fig. 1: Fieldworks on topography measurement of the riverbed
Fig. 2: Ichthyologic survey and measurement of the fish habitat parameters
Fig. 3: Laboratory of soils physics
Fig.4: Laboratory of soils physics – estimation of soil water retention curve points