Faculty of Electricasl Engineering and Information Technology STU
Institute of Multimedia Information and Communication Technologies
Contact person: Assoc. Prof. Rastislav Róka, PhD.
Contact: +421 2 6827 9608, +421 2 6827 9604 – IT secretary
web page: www.ut.fei.stuba.sk/cms/en
The LOSS laboratory is focused on advanced WDM systems in access and transport optocommunication networks. It is utilized for analyzing and optimizing of DBA and DWA algorithms for increasing of effective utilization of transmission capacity in the optical transmission medium from viewpoint of various architectures of hybrid PON access networks. It is utilized for analyzing and specifying of effective cooperation of new VDSL, PLC/BPL and PON technologies in the FTTx architecture for provisioning of new broadband multimedia services and applications pre subscribers in the future access network. The important part of the LOSS is represented by the Virtual Laboratory for the Optical Transmission Medium.
- VEGA 1/0462/17 2017 – 2019 - Modelling of the quality parameters in IMS networks
- KEGA 007STU-4/2016 2016 – 2018 - Progressive educational methods in the field of telecommunications multiservice networks
- KEGA 039STU-4/2013 2013-2015 - Utilization of Web-based Training and Learning Systems at the Development of New Educational Programs in the Area of Optical Transmission Media
- VEGA 1/0106/11 2011-2013 - Analysis and proposal for advanced optical access networks in the NGN converged infrastructure utilizing fixed transmission media for supporting multimedia services
- VEGA 1/0396/08 2008-2010 - Analysis and proposal of applications for advanced access networks in the NGN infrastructure utilizing fixed metallic transmission media for supporting multimedia services and a mutual interconnection various technologies and networks.
- BOSTERNÁK, Zoltán - RÓKA, Rastislav. Approach of the T-CONT allocation to increase the bandwidth in passive optical networks. In: Radioengineering. Vol. 26, No. 4 (2017), s. 954-960. ISSN 1210-2512.
- ČERTÍK, Filip - RÓKA, Rastislav. Possibilities for advanced encoding techniques at signal transmission in the optical transmission medium. In: Journal of Engineering. Vol. 2016, (2016), Art. no. 2385372  s. ISSN 2314-4912 (online).
- RÓKA, R.: Hybrid PON Networks - Features, Architectures and Configuration. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken (Germany), March 2015, ISBN 978-3-659-43686-4
- RÓKA, Rastislav - ČERTÍK, Filip. Simulation Tools for Broadband Passive Optical Networks. In Simulation Technologies in Networking and Communications: Selecting the Best Tool for the Test. 1. ed. New York : CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, 2015, S. 337-364. ISBN 978-1-4822-2549-5.
- RÓKA, Rastislav. Broadband NG-PON networks and their designing usin the HPON network configurator. In Convergence of Broadband, Broadcast and Cellular Network Technologies. Hershey : IGI Global, 2014, p. 277-297. ISBN 978-1-4666-5978-0.
- Slovak Telekom, a.s., Bratislava, SK
- ProFiber Networking, s.r.o., Trnava, SK
- Orange Slovensko, a.s., Bratislava, SK
- CIENA Limited, LONDON, UK
- VIAVI Solutions, SAN JOSE, USA