Jump to content
Degree Students

Besides duties connected with visa and residence permit, each third country national is obliged to report the stay to the foreign police office within 3 working days since arrival in Slovakia. This is usually done by the accommodation provider, if you are staying in a hotel, hostel or dormitory. If accommodated in private (e.g. in a private rented flat or at a friends’ place), you have to submit the Notice of stay in person directly at the respective foreign police office.

What do you need for the report of stay?
If accommodated in private, come in person to the foreign police office during the office hours and present the following:

  • filled-in form “Notice of the stay” (available in 7 languages to download here www.minv.sk/?pobyt-cudzinca; the forms are also available at local foreign police departments; must be filled in Slovak language),
  • passport.

A third country national with a legitimate stay is obliged to report a change in the place of residence within five working days from the day when the change occured.

If you have ben granted a residence permit, you are also obliged to report to the police department that:

  • you will be residing for more than 180 days continuously outside the territory of the SR (in writing)
  • you will be staying for more than 30 days continuously away from the place of residence stated in the granted residence permit
  • the purpose of stay, for which the residence permit was granted has ceased to exist.

Information about entry, stay and employment in Slovakia - guide to administrative duties for foreigners coming to Slovakia to study, teach or carry out research.

Information Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic about residence of Foreigners in territory of Slovakia.

ACT No 404/2011on Residence of Aliens and Amendment and Supplementation of Certain Acts

Changes in the Act No 404/2011 on the Residence of Foreigners related to the crisis situation caused by the COVID-19 disease