1. Basic conditions of admission for university studies are stipulated in the Act No. 131/2002 Coll. on Universities and on the Amendments and Completion of Certain Acts as amended as follows:
- The basic condition of admission for studies of any study program of the first level is to fully complete secondary education or secondary vocational education.
- The basic condition of admission for studies of any study program of the second level is to graduate from a first-level study program.
- The basic condition of admission for studies of any study program of the third level isto graduate from a second-level study program.
2. As for applicants who have achieved the required education abroad, the basic condition of admission is confirmation of passing a final examination, and documents confirming the achieved level of studies corresponding to the required level of education in line with paragraph 1. For more information see Recognition procedure details.
3. For foreign nationals applying for study programs in the Slovak or English languages shall these rules apply accordingly.
For more information: Rules and Conditions for Admission to Study Programs at the STU