Faculty of Civil Engineering
Department: Department of Surveying
Contact person: Prof. Ing. Alojz Kopáčik, PhD.
Contact: +421 2 5927 4472
The Laboratory of Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation deals with the increasingly important task of navigation of pedestrians, machines and other devices in indoor environment of intelligent buildings and production halls. The task of positioning and navigation can be solved by the method of:
- Optical Systems,
- Ultra Sound Systems,
- Time of Flight and Signal Strength Based Methods,
- UWB (Ultra Wide Band),
- Industrial Metrology & Geodetic Systems,
- Indoor GNSS, Pseudolites,
- Hybrid Pedestrian Navigation,
- IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit), IMU based measurement systems.
The laboratory solves research projects focused on the navigation using IMUs and positioning using bar (or QR) codes, creation of apps for smartphones (positioning, pedestrian navigation), navigation and monitor the movement of machines, collision prediction and IMU testing.
- Competence Center for SMART Technologies for Electronics and Informatics Systems and Services, ITMS 26240220072, funded by the Research & Development Operational Programme from the ERDF.
- VEGA 1/0445/13 Indoor navigation of equipments.
- ILKOVICOVA, L. et al. 2014. Positioning in Indoor Environment using QR Codes. In: Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Engineering Surveying. Prague: Czech Technical University in Prague, 2014. In print.
- KAJANEK, P. et al. 2014. Testing the Possibilities of Using IMUs with Different Types of Movements. . In: Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Engineering Surveying. Prague: Czech Technical University in Prague, 2014. In print.
Fig.1: IMU testing
Fig.2: Smartphone app creation